Decies No. 54

Download Here

  • Decies (LIV) (54)
  •  (Waterford; Waterford Archaeological and Historical Society, 1998)


    Index:

    • Editorial
    • A souterrain at Ballynagaul More, Ring, county Waterford / by M. Moore 
    • Re-appraisal of a late medieval undercroft at Peter Street, Waterford / A.S.R. Gittins
    • A Waterford origin for the Codex Salmanticensis / by W. O’Sullivan
    • A curious letter of 1744 from the pages of The Gentleman’s Magazine / by G. Fewer
    • Quaker enterprise and the Waterford Glassworks 1783 – 1851 / by J. M. Hearne
    • The Presentation nuns in Waterford City – a bicentenary essay / by Sr A. O’Neill
    • Devotions at holy wells: an aspect of populatr religion in the diocese of Waterford and Lismore before the Famine / by E. Broderick
    • Ferrybank church; the bishops and the Barrons / by Rev. W. Dalton
    • James Francis Xavier O’Brien 1828-1905 – Fenian and Waterfordman / by P. MacCarthy
    • Personal reminiscences of a life spent at Newtown School / by A. Pim
    • Waterford City archives – a new service / by D. Moore
    • 1798 was not just about rebellion … / by G. Fewer
    • Desperate famine / by M. Tarbett
    • Commemorating Waterford’s streetscapes / by D. Cowman
    • Abstracts of publications of Waterford interest
    • Abstracts supplement: Archaeological excavations carried out in Waterford city and county; Abstracts of summaries published in ‘Excavations’ 1989-1993 / by Ben Murtagh

    © 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.