The topic is: Climate Change is Not My Problem
• Entrants are invited to deliver a three-minute speech for or against the topic.
• Contestants will compete in one of two categories:
1) 18 and under; 2) 19 and over.
– A winner from each category will be selected on the day.
– Winners will each receive an iPad
– Winners will be invited to the National Final which takes place in Dublin during November to compete for €1000 and a trip to Brussels.
Please note for the 18 and under category due to popular demand places are limited to 4 entries per school.
The closing date for entries is Tuesday 15 October at 5:00pmDownload The Application Form & Competition Rules
Please send your completed entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Europe Direct Information Centre, Central Library, Lady Lane, Waterford City, X91 V045.
“Hush!” – A little flicker of a shadow runs for cover… Artist Sophie Carpentieri, with gentle guidance from wildlife specialist Paddy Dwan, has developed... Read More
We are delighted to host digital skills workshops at Central Library this October, focusing on learning how to do more on tablets. The workshops... Read More
Free 4 Week Series of Introduction to 3D Printing Workshops for Secondary School Students, with expert tutors from ThreeD WIT. Will take place The... Read More
Do your children enjoy reading spooky stories and tales of terror? Do they enjoy creative activities like writing, art or music? Then they’re sure... Read More
We are delighted to host digital skills workshops at Lismore Library this November, focusing on learning how to do more on tablets. The workshops... Read More
© 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.