Break the Bias – Waterford’s 3rd Global Women’s Conference to mark International Women’s Day is organised by Europe Direct Waterford, Waterford Integration Services and Waterford Libraries and will take place in The Theatre Royal, Waterford City on Tuesday 8 March from 10:30am – 12noon.
All are welcome to attend.
Tickets for the event are free but booking is essential:
Speakers and Performers:
• Magda Boulabiza from European Network Against Racism, Brussels.
• Dalal Sayed who has written her story Escape from war to live in peace as an Syrian Refugee who now lives with her family in Cappoquin, Co. Waterford. Her mentor, writer and Lani O’Hanlon will also speak.
• Osas Iyamu Usideme, Waterford Integration Services, Intercultural Health Advocate and performer
• Anne Woodworth, Director of the Bealtaine Library Choir will speak on wellness in older people.
• Cora Kearney founder of the Positive Ability Network
• Ciara Fitzgibbon, Student
• Minnie Marley, Singer Songwriter
• Sarah Benson from Women’s Aid (recorded message)
• Dee Jacques, MC
You must be logged in to post a comment.