The Annual Europe Direct Soapbox Competition will take place in The Large Room, City Hall, Waterford City on Tuesday 6 November 2018 from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
The topic is: EU elections: every vote counts
• Entrants are invited to deliver a three-minute speech for or against the topic.
• Contestants will compete in one of two categories:
1) 18 and under; 2) 19 and over.
– A winner from each category will be selected on the day.
• Winners will each receive an iPad
– Winners will be invited to the National final at No.6, Kildare Street, Dublin on 27 November to compete for €1000 and a trip to Brussels.
Download the Application Form and Competition Rules
Please note for the 18 and under category due to popular demand places are limited to 4 entries per school.
The closing date for entries is Friday 26 October at 5:30pm
Phone: 0761 10 2975
For information to help in preparing your speech see link below to
Annual State of the EU address by President Juncker at the European Parliament
Would you like to practice and improve your knitting in a comfortable and friendly setting? Tramore Library Knitting Group meets weekly on Fridays from... Read More
End of Year Art Exhibition for Level 4 Painting and Drawing Dungarvan Library 23rd – 31st May By Back to Education Initiative (BTEI) students... Read More
Celebrate Cruinniú na nÓg with Waterford Libraries. Join us for a special Children’s Art Workshop with artist Aga Krym at Kilmacthomas Library. On Friday... Read More
Library Membership Terms & Conditions
Plean Forbatha na Leabharlainne 2017-2022
Library Development Plan 2017 – 2022
Ár leabharlanna Poiblí 2022 – Pobail a Spreagadh, a Cheangal agus a Chumasú
Our Public Libraries 2022: Inspiring, Connecting and Empowering Communities
© 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.
You must be logged in to post a comment.