The Annual Europe Direct Soapbox Competition will take place in The Large Room, City Hall, Waterford City on Tuesday 6 November 2018 from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
The topic is: EU elections: every vote counts
• Entrants are invited to deliver a three-minute speech for or against the topic.
• Contestants will compete in one of two categories:
1) 18 and under; 2) 19 and over.
– A winner from each category will be selected on the day.
• Winners will each receive an iPad
– Winners will be invited to the National final at No.6, Kildare Street, Dublin on 27 November to compete for €1000 and a trip to Brussels.
Download the Application Form and Competition Rules
Please note for the 18 and under category due to popular demand places are limited to 4 entries per school.
The closing date for entries is Friday 26 October at 5:30pm
Phone: 0761 10 2975
For information to help in preparing your speech see link below to
Annual State of the EU address by President Juncker at the European Parliament
All are welcome to French Conversation Group in Tramore Library. Meetings take place every Thursday in Tramore Library from 6:30pm. Join this group to... Read More
Come along to Brown’s Road Library on Friday 18 January and help to celebrate the birthday of A.A. Milne, who created the popular character... Read More
New Year, New You! Considering Dry January? Central Library are hosting a free talk about how alcohol affects your health on Wednesday 23 January from... Read More
© 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.