The Annual Europe Direct Soapbox Competition will take place in The Large Room, City Hall, Waterford City on Tuesday 6 November 2018 from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
The topic is: EU elections: every vote counts
• Entrants are invited to deliver a three-minute speech for or against the topic.
• Contestants will compete in one of two categories:
1) 18 and under; 2) 19 and over.
– A winner from each category will be selected on the day.
• Winners will each receive an iPad
– Winners will be invited to the National final at No.6, Kildare Street, Dublin on 27 November to compete for €1000 and a trip to Brussels.
Download the Application Form and Competition Rules
Please note for the 18 and under category due to popular demand places are limited to 4 entries per school.
The closing date for entries is Friday 26 October at 5:30pm
Phone: 0761 10 2975
For information to help in preparing your speech see link below to
Annual State of the EU address by President Juncker at the European Parliament
A series of Free Japanese Classes for different age groups and abilities will be starting on Wednesday 19 September in Waterford Central Library. 3:45pm... Read More
Dyslexia Waterford Parents Support Group are holding open coffee mornings every month in Tramore Library on the following dates: Wednesday 19 September at 10:30am... Read More
Ciorcal Comhrá gach Déardaoin idir 7:00pm – 8:00pm i Leabharlann Dhún Garbháin. Ciorcal Cómhrá chun cabhrú le do chuid Gaeilge. Níl costas ar bith... Read More
© 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.