The Annual Europe Direct Soapbox Competition will take place in The Large Room, City Hall, Waterford City on Tuesday 6 November 2018 from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
The topic is: EU elections: every vote counts
• Entrants are invited to deliver a three-minute speech for or against the topic.
• Contestants will compete in one of two categories:
1) 18 and under; 2) 19 and over.
– A winner from each category will be selected on the day.
• Winners will each receive an iPad
– Winners will be invited to the National final at No.6, Kildare Street, Dublin on 27 November to compete for €1000 and a trip to Brussels.
Download the Application Form and Competition Rules
Please note for the 18 and under category due to popular demand places are limited to 4 entries per school.
The closing date for entries is Friday 26 October at 5:30pm
Phone: 0761 10 2975
For information to help in preparing your speech see link below to
Annual State of the EU address by President Juncker at the European Parliament
Join us in Dungarvan Library on Tuesday 25 June at 1:15 PM for Family Yoga with Claire O’Sullivan. All ages are catered though all... Read More
Join us in Cappoquin Library on Tuesday 25 June at 11:00 AM for Family Yoga with Claire O’Sullivan. All ages are catered for though... Read More
Join us in Tallow Library on Friday 28 June for Family Yoga with Claire O’Sullivan. All children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian for... Read More
Join us in Kilmacthomas Library on Friday 28 June for Family Yoga with Claire O’Sullivan. All children must be accompanied by Parent/Guardian for the... Read More
A Free Dog Safety Workshop Understanding Dogs will take place in Cappoquin LIbrary on Monday 8th July. This workshop is suitable for children of... Read More
© 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.