As part of Waterford City and County Council’s Diverse Waterford Oral History Project, we are inviting community groups and individuals interested in oral history to a workshop with Dr. Tomás Mac Conmara, Oral Historian and Author at Dungarvan Library, Davitt’s Quay, Dungarvan on Friday 9th December from 2pm – 4pm.
This workshop is an overview to illustrate the key aspects involved in oral history collection, preservation and use, within the Diverse Waterford Methodology
This workshop will include:
• Presentation on the “Diverse Waterford Oral History Project”
• Ethics & Legalities of oral history
• Life Cycle and other approaches to collection
• Research and Preparation
• Controlling the interview environment
• Interview Skills including demonstration of audio recording
• Associative Collection and administration of your interview. The workshop will be interactive and will allow time for discussion. It will also be supported by illustrative audio clips, drawn from both Diverse Waterford interviews and the presenter’s collections.
This is a free workshop but places limited. Booking essential.
Click Here to book now on Eventbrite.
This is a joint initiative of Waterford Libraries, Waterford City and County Archive and Creative Waterford. Please share with community groups who may be interested.
Dr. Tomás Mac Conmara is an Oral Historian and Heritage Consultant. He is author of The Time of the Tans, An Oral History of the War of Independence in County Clare.
For more information contact Sinead O’Higgins at: email@example.com
Would you like to practice and improve your knitting in a comfortable and friendly setting? Tramore Library Knitting Group meets weekly on Fridays from... Read More
Celebrate Cruinniú na nÓg with Waterford Libraries. Join us for a special Children’s Art Workshop with artist Aga Krym at Kilmacthomas Library. On Friday... Read More
Ardkeen Library are starting a new Draughts Club for adults on Thursday mornings, the first meeting is on Thursday 15th of June at 10:30... Read More
Library Membership Terms & Conditions
Plean Forbatha na Leabharlainne 2017-2022
Library Development Plan 2017 – 2022
Ár leabharlanna Poiblí 2022 – Pobail a Spreagadh, a Cheangal agus a Chumasú
Our Public Libraries 2022: Inspiring, Connecting and Empowering Communities
© 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.
You must be logged in to post a comment.