This year’s Annual Europe Direct Soapbox Public Speaking Competition will once again take place online. To be in with a chance to win a great prize, and represent your region in the national competition, all you have to do is record a three minute video for or against the soapbox topic:
“IS EUROPE LISTENING TO ITS YOUNG PEOPLE”?
The winning videos from the regional competition will be submitted to represent their region at the national competition.
• Entrants are invited to deliver a three minute speech for or against the topic on video “Is Europe Listening To Its Young People?”
• Contestants will compete in one of two categories: Ages 16 & under OR Ages 17 & over.
• A winner from each category will be selected to win a Regional prize.
• The winning entries will then be submitted to the National final with a chance to win a cash prize of €1,000!
Please read the Europe Direct Rules on the link at the end of this post. Then e-mail your entry form to:
– email@example.com (16 and under)
– firstname.lastname@example.org (17 and over)
• Please note we cannot accept entries without first having received your e-mailed entry form.
• Please note that Videos must be saved in MP4 format (I-phones and Android automatically save to this format)
• Please transfer videos via WeTransfer or Dropbox using the relevant email address for the category you enter. (Please do not e-mail videos to us)
All entries must be received by 2pm on Wednesday 30th of November.
If you have any questions please contact your Waterford Europe Direct Information Centre or call us on 051 849975.Soapbox Rules Application Form Check List
Good Luck everyone!
Testimonial from Shane Burke – Dungarvan CBS who won the 17 and over Regional competition in 2022: “I’m extremely delighted, I was not expecting it at all, and what was even better was the whole class erupted with applause. I would just like to thank the organisers of this competition for running it and giving us this opportunity.” His teacher Patrick O’Dwyer commented “It was a fantastic opportunity for the boys to even enter. Well done to everyone who participated. Morale is high flying here in Dungarvan”.
Ardkeen Library are starting a new Draughts Club for adults on Thursday mornings, the first meeting is on Thursday 15th of June at 10:30... Read More
Tuesday Game Night takes place in Ardkeen Library from 6:00pm – 7:00pm every Tuesday. Plenty of board game fun, including Chess, Scrabble, Connect 4... Read More
Smart-phone Classes with Access IT – Browns Road Library Ever feel lost when it comes to your smart-phone or tablet? Browns Road Library is... Read More
Aistear trí shéipéal na cruthaíochta a bheidh anseo ina bhfoghlaimeoidh na rannpháirtithe conas forbairt a dhéanamh ar ghearrscéal. Pléifear an dearcadh cruthaitheach atá ag... Read More
Celebrate European Sustainable Development Week at Central Library with Europe Direct Waterford. Marianne Heaphy, Design and Upcycling Expert, from the Revamp Tramp and RTÉ’s... Read More
Electronic Textiles ‘Fabric Flower’ Workshop “NOW FULLY BOOKED” Fancy making a fabric flower or a similar creation with LED lights that twinkle? In this... Read More
Russ Parsons is a food writer and columnist. He served as the food editor and columnist of the Los Angeles Times for more than... Read More
Free Smartphone Classes at Carrickphierish Library. Starting: Thursday 5th October for 7 weeks. Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. To Book: Call Carrickphierish Library... Read More
The brilliant mystery writer Raymond Chandler spent his childhood in three different countries – America, Ireland, and England, and each place had a distinct... Read More
You are invited to Halloween Crafts at Browns Road Library on Wednesday afternoons in October! Craft materials will be available on Wednesday 11th, 18th... Read More
© 2018 Waterford City & County Council Library Service.